Our curriculum is designed to promote the development of the whole child whilst equipping children with core skills so that they become fluent and enthusiastic readers, writers and mathematicians from an early age.
At Carfield, we provide an exciting and engaging topic based curriculum and quality first teaching. Through this curriculum, we aim to:
- Inspire children to develop a love of learning.
- Embed skills to prepare children for further learning and productive adulthood.
- Take learning beyond the classroom.
- Develop children to become reflective learners who have a sense of responsibility for their own learning and development.
- Build confidence and motivation within our children. Grow children who understad the importance of perseverance, resilience and tolerance.
- Enable children to use their acquired skills and knowledge to observe, question and think.
- Learn to value others, their views, cultures and beliefs.
If you require more information about the curriculum the school is following, please contact the school office.
Below are the topics and key learning objectives for each year group.